Thursday, November 19, 2020

Thankful Thursday

it's been a troubling year

the pandemic has brought out the best and worst in people

and I'm not sure on which side of the line I fall

there is so much about what's happening that I don't agree with

and yet God's principles for respecting and obeying those in authority still hold true

knowing how to flesh that out continues to create a tension in my spirit

in the midst of all that, I still know I have much to be thankful for

I have a God who never changes

His love for me is everlasting

He offers me grace and mercy in abundance

He gives me songs of praise to sing daily

I'm thankful for God's patience with me

I'm thankful He knows my heart

I'm thankful He calls me His son

I'm thankful God is my strength

thankful He wakes me up each morning, giving me life and breath

I'm thankful God chooses to use me in His service 

I often feel very unworthy of that calling, but He reminds me it's not about me

I'm God's ambassador, pointing people to the work of Christ on the cross, not myself

I'm thankful for my family

God has blessed me with children and grandchildren

He gave me a pair of brothers and a pair of sisters who support me in my journey

He showered me with favor in giving me my wonderful wife

and threw in my in-laws as a bonus

I'm thankful God answers prayer

it's been encouraging to see Him work in specific ways recently as I've brought my requests to Him

I'm thankful for shelter

It was pretty cold this morning, and there was a stiff breeze blowing

I had to work out in it for a few hours and my hands were getting numb from the cold

it reminded me how thankful I am to have a roof over my head and a furnace to keep our house warm

I'm thankful for food

I'll admit it: I really enjoy eating!

I'm thankful for my wife who gets up each morning and packs my lunch and usually has delicious meals ready for me to eat when I come home from work

I'm thankful for God's word

thankful it is living and active

thankful God reveals Himself in His word, and gives instruction on how I can be more like Him

I'm thankful for opportunities to share His word with others

I'm thankful for sleep, which is what I need to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment