Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thankful Thursday


it's been a good day

time with family reflecting on God's good gifts

so thankful for the chance to connect with those I love

the weatherman proved himself incapable of predicting the weather again

although there was a thunderstorm when I first got up this morning, the day cleared off nicely

thankful for a chance to go to the park and take a nice stroll 

thankful for the beauty of God's creation and for eyesight to be able to enjoy it

I'm thankful for good food to eat, and for discipline to resist overindulging

I'm thankful for time in the wood shop with my son 

I'm thankful for the gift of music

God tells me that He is my strength and my song and He encourages me to sing a new song to Him, a song of praise

I'm thankful for the songs He gives me to sing

I'm thankful for a long weekend

thankful for refreshing time away from the rigors of work

I'm thankful for God's unchanging love for me

thankful for His greatest gift, the sacrifice of His Son as payment for my sin

I'm thankful He has adopted me into His family

thankful for the right to be called His child

I'm thankful Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life

thankful He provides a way to the Father

I'm thankful He is the Bread of Life, and Living Water

thankful He satisfies my hunger and thirst

I'm thankful God doesn't deal with me as my sin deserves, but rather offers forgiveness and cleansing

I'm thankful God is my provider

thankful He has given me everything I need for life and godliness

I'm thankful for His transforming power at work in my life

it's not always comfortable, but it is always for my good and His glory

I'm thankful God is patient and kind

thankful He is slow to anger

I'm thankful God is merciful

thankful I'm a recipient of His grace

No comments:

Post a Comment