Thursday, April 8, 2021

Thankful Thursday


I'm tired!

it's been a full week, so I'm probably going to make this brief

but I've been missing my Thursday evening appointment so much lately

and I didn't want to let this week go by without giving God His due

I'm thankful for Easter--for the empty tomb

thankful Jesus died for my sins

but even more thankful HE is alive!

and because Jesus rose from the dead, I have newness of life

so thankful that because I am in Christ, I am a new creation

I'm thankful for the victory I can walk in

thankful I stand in the power of God's might

and I don't have to fight the battles alone

I'm thankful for the awareness God's Spirit brings, helping me identify those battles

I'm thankful God gave my wife and me the opportunity to travel to Louisiana last weekend to celebrate Easter with our daughter and son-in-law

thankful for time with them, for laughter, good food, games, and walks

thankful for the chance to attend church together and see some old friends

I'm thankful for safety as we traveled

I'm thankful for springtime

for new growth popping out of the ground all around me

thankful for warmer temperatures

thankful for our peaceful back yard and times to sit in the adirondack chairs, soaking in the sunshine and catching up with my wife

I'm thankful for my job

thankful for a positive environment to work in

thankful for the opportunity to use my skills in a profitable way

thankful for bosses who love Jesus and their employees

I'm thankful for the health and strength God gives each day 

thankful for His presence with me

thankful for God's promise to never leave me or forsake me

I'm thankful His word is true! 

No comments:

Post a Comment