Thursday, April 29, 2021

Thankful Thursday


talking with my pastor on Sunday, he told me I should think about doing something different for work

it was his way of politely telling me I'm getting old

but I'm thankful for my job

thankful I get to do something each day that I enjoy

sure, it tires me out

this afternoon when I stopped in at Lowe's on my way home to pick up some materials for tomorrow my salesman told me I looked like I could hardly drag myself in the door, so I must have had a long hard day!

but there's something fulfilling about coming home tired at the end of a productive day of work

and I'm thankful for the way God has designed our bodies to be refreshed by sleep

I'm also thankful for His promise that those who wait on the Lord renew their strength

I've experienced the reality of that over and over throughout my life

I'm thankful God gives me strength

thankful His strength knows no limitations

I'm thankful He never grows weary or tired

I'm thankful God is a shield about me and the lifter of my head

I know I have nothing to fear

I'm thankful for God's word

thankful for the opportunities I have to sit under sound biblical teaching

I'm thankful for the many guys I send daily Scripture texts to

thankful I can share with them the things God is impressing on my heart as I spend time in His word

I'm thankful it is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path

I'm thankful for Jesus

thankful for His death, burial and resurrection

thankful He came to give life to those who were trapped in the death nell of sin, to give sight to the blind and abundance of joy to the defeated and downtrodden

I'm thankful I've been adopted into God's family

I'm thankful for grace

 

No comments:

Post a Comment