Thursday, April 22, 2021

Thankful Thursday


"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Jesus

What a comforting statement

I'm thankful God is the King of kings and the Lord of lords

thankful He always causes us to walk in victory

I ran up against some unexpected temptation today, but so thankful for how God has provided friends and accountability that enables me to make right choices in those situations

I'm thankful for God's redemptive grace

thankful He continues to bring transformation in my life

I'm thankful God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all

and thankful He invites me to walk in His light and enjoy fellowship with Him

I'm thankful as I submit to Him, He gives me the strength to resist the devil and his schemes

I'm thankful for work that is closer to home

on Monday I wrapped up a job that was an hour and 40 minute commute each way

today, I started a project that is 25 minutes from home

what a difference that makes!

I'm thankful God is my strength and my song

thankful for the joy He brings to each new day

just last week, I encountered a young man on my job site

he was there with his dad; I guess it was take your kid to work day!

after a bit, he commented on my whistling

I asked if he had heard the saying, "whistle while you work." and told him it makes the day go better

I often find myself humming or whistling a song of praise as I go about my work

I find when I'm filling my mind with song the struggles seem less heavy

I'm thankful I don't carry my burdens alone

thankful God invites me to lay them at His feet, or cast them on His shoulders

I'm thankful God shows up in the everydayness of life

there's no detail of my life that is unimportant to Him

thankful God is intimately acquainted with all my ways

I often pray that He will guide my thoughts and guard my words

I need Him desperately

without Him I can do nothing

I'm so thankful God never leaves me or forsakes me

He is always near, always available, and always ready to take me in His arms

No comments:

Post a Comment