Thursday, April 15, 2021

Thankful Thursday

 Once again Thursday evening has arrived

and I take some time to reflect on all I have to be thankful for

my job requires a lot of time on the road

most of my projects are an hour to an hour and a half from my home

I'm very thankful for the safety God provides each day as I am on the road

I'm also thankful for friends and family that I connect with while driving

it helps me stay in touch with what's going on in their lives as well as keeping me awake!

I'm thankful for the relationships God has allowed me to develop over the years

I am blessed to know people all across the country

I'm thankful for music

I know God has given me a gift in being able to sit down at the piano and play

He has also helped me write songs that honor Him

I don't take any of that for granted

I know how my music has changed since placing my faith in Jesus

and I love praising Him in song

I'm thankful God is my strength and my song

I'm thankful for God's amazing grace

for His mercy evidenced in my life every day

I'm thankful for my wife

there's not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for the expression of His favor that she is in my life

the love and support I receive from her is such a gift

I'm thankful for times to laugh together, times to sit quietly together just enjoying each others company

I'm thankful for the tasks I don't have to do because she takes care of them

talking with a friend this morning, he commented that his wife likes to mow the yard

I told him I didn't know if my wife enjoyed mowing or if she just does it to help me, but I'm thankful that she often gets the mowing done, and it looks good

I'm thankful for God's physical provision

I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food in my belly

I know there are parts of the world where those things aren't a given

I'm also thankful God has allowed us to give to others who are in need

Jesus said it is more blessed to give than to receive, and I've experienced the truth of that

I'm thankful for time

it's such a precious commodity

and I don't want to waste it on frivolous activities

I'm thankful for quiet moments and stillness

thankful for God's invitation to draw near to Him

and thankful for His promise that when I wait on Him my strength is renewed

I'm thankful God is the giver and sustainer of life

thankful that He is light--in Him there is no darkness at all


No comments:

Post a Comment