Thursday, March 3, 2022

Thankful Thursday


life can be difficult

one of my go to statements is: everyday is a challenge

but in spite of challenges and difficulties, I know I'm still doing better than I deserve

Scripture gives us a glimpse into God's holiness

He is altogether righteous, there is nothing evil in Him

actually, evil is the absence of righteousness, and since God is righteous, He cannot be evil

I, on the other hand, have a lack of righteousness

and it is because of this that evil is often present in me

this absence of righteousness creates a separation from God

that is why Jesus came; to provide the cure for my sin sick soul

and God's word tells me that through the death and resurrection of Jesus, eternal life is available to all who believe in Him

and because of Jesus' work on the cross, I can now be clothed in His righteousness

that's the better than I deserve part!

I'm so thankful God sent His Son to be the perfect sacrifice for my sin

so very thankful I am clothed in the righteousness I did not possess on my own

I'm thankful through belief in Jesus I've been given the right to be called God's child

I'm thankful God is the author of salvation

He is the fountain of wisdom

I'm thankful God is good and ready to forgive and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call on Him

I'm thankful for the privilege of communicating with God through prayer

thankful His ears are always open to my cries

this is especially comforting to me since my family is scattered all across the country

I can't be physically present with them, but I know as I pray for them God is listening and working

and He is always near

I'm thankful He is the God who sees me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment