Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thankful Thursday


each day is a gift

I'm thankful for the gift of today

thankful God provided strength and energy to do the work He put before me today

I'm thankful for the peace that comes in trusting Him

I can only see this moment

I have memories of days gone by

and I may have ambitions for days that may come

but I can't see around the next bend

I'm thankful God can

thankful He knows the beginning from the end

thankful He is never caught by surprise

God is all knowing, all seeing, all powerful, He is ALL

I'm thankful God has chosen me to be His son

thankful He has adopted me into His family

I'm thankful God has given me a biological family

so very thankful for my loving wife

thankful God has blessed me with children--two girls and a boy

thankful they have grown into adults 

thankful for my two sons-in-law

thankful for my grandsons

I'm thankful for my faith family

thankful for brothers who encourage and challenge me

thankful for friends who go to the Father on my behalf

I'm thankful for shelter

the weather's been a bit crazy lately

thankful for a roof over my head, a furnace that gives heat, water to drink and wash with

I'm thankful for health

it seems that often I take things like that for granted

but when there's something missing, appreciation for what I have rises to the fore

I want to live a life of gratitude

I want to be known for having a rejoicing heart rather than a complaining spirit

I'm thankful God continues to open my eyes to new recognition of the many ways He has poured out blessing in my life

 

No comments:

Post a Comment