Thursday, March 17, 2022

Thankful Thursday


there is so much I have to be thankful for

but it's a matter of choice

because there are plenty of things I could complain about as well

so each day, yes, even each moment, I decide

what will my focus be right now

will I choose to rejoice and be grateful

or will I allow my mind to go down the path of negativity

complaining is a natural response

because satisfaction alludes me

but gratitude is a godly response

it results from trust that God is good 

and He governs my life graciously

the results of gratitude are joy, peace, and contentment

what a place to live

I'm thankful God has rescued me out of a life of despair

He lifted me out of darkness

I'm thankful God is my strength and my song

the psalmist declared, "He has put a new song in my heart!"

and I have experienced that as well

I'm thankful for the songs God gives

thankful too for His word

I'm thankful God is a promise keeper

His word is sure

it is an anchor that holds me fast

I'm thankful for the way God reveals Himself in His word

He is the Author of salvation

He is the source of wisdom

He is the Bread of Life

the Living Water

I'm thankful God is faithful and true

thankful He is patient and kind

I'm thankful God's grace is sufficient for any hardship I might face

I'm thankful God's love is an everlasting love

 

No comments:

Post a Comment