Thursday, March 31, 2022

Thankful Thursday


"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name.  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits:"

that's how Psalm 103 begins

it's a reminder that knowing God benefits my life

and a charge to give Him credit for who He is and all He does

from this psalm:

I'm thankful God forgives my sin

I'm thankful God is a healer

I'm thankful God has rescued me out of the pit of sin and death

I'm thankful God shows me His lovingkindness and compassion

I'm thankful God brings satisfaction in my life

I'm thankful God renews my strength

I'm thankful God is righteous

I'm thankful God takes up the cause of the oppressed

I'm thankful God makes Himself known to His people

I'm thankful God is patient; slow to anger

I'm thankful God doesn't deal with me according to my sin, but rather separates me from my sin

I'm thankful God is a loving Father

I'm thankful God knows me, understands my frailty

that's a good list to be reminding myself of often

as I think over these benefits, I'm grateful to know this God

I'm thankful He has adopted me into His family

I'm thankful God provides and protects

I'm thankful for His ongoing work in my life

a few years ago, God gave me a song from this psalm

if you're interested, you can listen to it 

if you go to bandcamp.com and then in the search for artist type in Papa's songs, it's #6, Psalm 103

there's something there about buying the track, but you can just listen for free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment