Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
For a few years now I have had the privilege of sending out daily verse texts to a number of men
 
There's something powerful about the word of God
 
It has been written by men, but they were led by God's Spirit
 
It is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness
 
It is living and active and sharper than a sword
 
It is our defense and our offense against sin
 
It is eternal
 
I'm especially thankful for God's word, for the availability to read it in my own language, for its freshness and relativity to life
 
Thank You God for giving of Yourself through Your word
 
Thank You for teaching me and giving me an ability to understand
 
the verse I sent out this morning was from Proverbs 16:6
 
"By lovingkindness and truth iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the Lord one keeps away from evil."
 
Thank You Lord for Your lovingkindness
 
Thank You for Your truth
 
Thank You for being a God who delights in reconciliation
 
Thank You for providing a way of escape when evil surrounds me.
 
If you are interested in becoming a recipient of my daily verse text, let me know  I will gladly add you to the list.  Investing in lives through scripture is one way for me to express my gratitude for all that Jesus has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment