Thursday, November 9, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
The weather has taken a turn and we've had some very damp and cold days
 
I'm especially thankful for a warm and dry house at this time of year
 
I'm not a big fan of spending lots of time in the shower, but lately that warm water has sure felt good.  Thankful for a water heater that works
 
With the cooler weather, the leaves are changing and dropping
 
Thankful for the colors of fall and for vision that allows me to take them in
 
I'm also thankful for the beautiful sunsets I've been able to enjoy on my drive home from work at the end of the day since the time change
 
I'm thankful for music, for songs that turn my thoughts toward God and His amazing gift of grace demonstrated through Jesus
 
My wife had a get together with a group of ladies the other evening, so I got to cook dinner.  I invited one of my neighbors to join me as well as another friend.  Thankful for good food and companionship
 
I'm thankful that I will get to see my son in just a little over a week.  Thankful for the resources to be able to fly him home for Thanksgiving!
 
Thankful for early morning calls from my daughter as she's leaving her house to drive to work
 
I've been meditating on verses from Proverbs 2, working on a new song from those words.  Thankful God is the source of wisdom
 
Thankful for opportunities to serve others.  Sometimes I think I'm too busy, but it is a blessing to just slow down and take time to look around, recognize needs, and reach out
 
I've been challenged lately by Jesus' words when asked what the greatest commandment was
 
Thankful that God loved me first, asking Him to give me an undivided heart in loving Him
 
Thankful for the reminder that God is always with me.  I've been reading through the Psalms, and can definitely identify with the psalmist crying out to God, sometimes wondering if He's listening, but so often seeing His hand of mercy responding to my needs 

No comments:

Post a Comment