Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
It is Thanksgiving evening
 
Today was refreshing and restful, filled with the blessing of family and friends
 
I thank God He has provided both in my life, and I'm grateful for those who fill both roles
 
I know there are many who don't consider their family as friends, so I feel privileged in that area
 
I also thank God for my spiritual family, brothers and sisters who support and encourage me in my journey toward knowing and serving Him
 
As I spent time today reflecting on God's gracious and generous provision, I realize how unworthy I am of His merciful investment in my life
 
I'm thankful He was willing to sacrifice His only Son for a sinner like me, paying the penalty of death I deserved to pay, offering forgiveness and new life
 
I'm thankful for the connection I had with our kids today, from the early morning phone call from Abigail as she drove to work, to installing a new handrail on our steps with Adam, to a family Skype call with Allison, Carl, and Abigail this evening.  So wonderful to build those memories
 
I'm thankful we could open our home to my little sister and Chris' parents today as we had a Thanksgiving feast together
 
I'm thankful for the music that filled our home today: piano playing, guitar playing, singing
 
Psalm 92 tells me that giving thanks to God is a good thing
 
declaring His faithfulness and lovingkindness should be regular activities
 
The fact of the matter is that but for God's grace I wouldn't have a home, or kids, or friends and family
 
I was on a path of destruction, with no hope.  Last evening, I heard about an acquaintance who took his life earlier this week.  He had lost hope, and gave up on life.  I remember dark days like that as a young man
 
I'm so thankful God rescued me out of that place of darkness and invites me to walk in the light of His love and enjoy fellowship with Him
 
He is an AWESOME God
 
His works are wonderful
 
His words are true
 
His ways are pleasant
 
He is worthy of all praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment